Pujols admires another
I’ll come out and say this right off , I think Albert Pujols is a jerk and gets a free pass way to often. I’ve lived in St. Louis since 1996 but I am originally from Boston so I’m a life long Sox fan but don’t hold that against me cause I am a fan of the game first.
It’s like this I am tired of seeing Albert Pujols hit home runs watch it leave the park and flip his bat. Look we all know what he is doing is a huge no no in baseball but this guy gets a pass why ? Anyone else does this they get some stank eye from the pitcher or they get drilled the next time up that’s just the way the game is and has been since the beginning. I am not hating on Albert who is arguably the best player in the game but come am I the only one who is seeing what going on ? Someone needs to drill this jackass in the back and put him in his place !
Here are just a few sports thoughts swirling around in the dome right now. I will be doing the Random Sports thoughts periodically feel free to jump in with your comments.
1) Barry Zito is not worth $125 Million. I am one of the people that believe this guy was not the best of the big three in Oakland. He wasn’t even the second best on that staff and I know I would be pushing it to say he wasn’t even third best. He has a good curveball thats it. He can’t bring the heat and he’s gonna lose you more games than he’ll win ya because when he is off he’s off big time.
2) Johnathan Papelbon is born again hard. Not to say he wasn’t before but this guy looked absolutely intimidating Sunday night. The looked in that kids eye is enough to make a grown man fear for his life when that 97MPH heater is coming at you.
3) Brad Lidge is gonna be on the move at the end of the season. This kid is having a mental break down or something but he needs a change of pace.
4) Why is Asante Samuel trying to ruin my summer ? Dude you’re gonna get paid relax. You are on a team that is super bowl bound every season ya got a ring and you’re gonna get another so whats the big deal. You know whats gonna piss me off even more if the Patriots win it all next season and this guy bolts for a truck load of cash to the Browns or team like that who has no chance at all of winning !
5) Ya heard it here first people Carpenter is done. It’s bone spurs in the elbow and it’s gonna require surgery that will either end his season or sideline him until a playoff run that may not come as a result. Good thing they forked over $65 million
6) Who knew Mike Hampton was still in baseball ? This guy is a complete fraud or made out of glass I’ll take glass. If I was the Braves owner I would file charges against him for thievery because he is stealing money.
7) The Don Imus story is getting really really really old right now.
8 ) Brady Quinn is not going to be an effective NFL quarterback. I just don’t think this kid has it I think he is all hype and the product of having a well connected head coach.
9) The NBA is no where near as entertaining as it used to be. I can’t even watch anymore and I used to love me some NBA and college basketball. Can’t watch that either.
10) Mike & Mike on EPSN radio has to be the lamest sports radio talk show on the air waves. If it was someone other than Greenberg in that seat the show might work.
Filed under Asante Samuel, Atlanta Braves, Barry Zito, Baseball, Basketball, Brad Lidge, Brady Quinn, Chris Carpenter, Don Imus, ESPN Radio, Imus, Johnathan Papelbon, Mike Greenberg, Mike Hampton, NBA, New England Patriots, Notre Dame, Patriots, Red Sox, St.Louis Cardinals
I know it’s early in the season, well 3 games to be exact but come on. This is the team that is supposed to have that devastating offense yadda yadda and they get absolutely rocked by the New York Mets , ROCKED ! How do you get beat in your home opener when your the WS Champs ? How do you get beat on ring ceremony night ? How do you have the balls to go out the very next night and give the fans a goose egg ? Now I am not a Cardinals fan ( my girlfriend is ) so seeing this happen gives me great joy but come on this is horrible. What makes it worst is they have a jerk for a manager and won’t be held accountable for anything and if you try he just might kill you. Reporters in St.Louis give LaRussa a pass no one asks him the tough questions and that pisses me off. We’ll see what happens in Houston.
Well the season is underway and the St.Louis Cardinals lost their home and season opener to the New York Mets. In something that should surprise no one the Mets put up some offense. The Mets scored 6 runs and had Carpenter in some jams with runners on several times. Glavine looked decent (6IP 1H 1R 1ER 2SO 1BB) pounding the inside of the plate. Carpenter on the other hand looked awful , 9hits 5ER. I’ve said it once and I’ll say it again Carpenter is a guy who breaks down mentally and just loses it when guys get on base early in the game. Some will say all pitchers do this it’s normal and my answer is just look at the guy out there , he looks so lost when things begin to go wrong. The upside to this for Carpenter is he has a decent infield that should keep him out of trouble most of the time. It’s only the first game but the Mets are definitely the class of the NL east with that offense. The Cardinals will be ok as long as the pitching holds and they have no significant injuries but the central is a different story this season.
Sox game kicks off at 4:10 in KC check back for updates.